School Council minutes Autumn 2020
Minutes from meeting Tuesday 1st December
Present: Mrs Mammatt Scarlett Alana Kelly Jasmine Frankie Isaac and Alex
Thank you to Scarlett for taking the minutes this week!
Venn House elderly residents- The wider community
Mrs Mammatt thanked all of the volunteers for making such beautiful and heart felt poems and pictures. The children gave up their own time to create them as a small act of kindness and care towards the residents who have been unable to see their loved ones through out the pandemic.
Mrs Barbara Meika our school Ethos Governor also wanted to share her thanks to the children and felt sure that these contributions would mean a great deal to everyone at Venn House.
Save the children- Christmas Jumper day
School council discussed final arrangements for the day and the activities they would like to organise as follows:
- Class One and Two to hold a Christmas Karaoke competition. Certificates for the best group/ solo etc.
- School council would like to raise their own money in a sponsored silence. Mrs Mammatt will ensure the children have sponsor forms by next week.
- Frankie, Isaac and Kelly will make a 'Pin the star on the Christmas tree' for Class One.
Alex and Isaac will make one for Class Two.
- To promote the day, Alana and Scarlett have agreed to make posters with top tips on how to make your own Christmas sweater. These will also include the activities organised throughout the day.
We decided that no extra money will be needed on the day and that everyone can pay their £2 either online or donate it in the money collection box that will be set up in each class.
Great organisation team!
Minutes from Monday 16th November
Present: Alana Kelly Isaac Alex Frankie Scarlett Jasmine and Mrs Mammatt
Thank you to Alana for taking the minutes this week!
Children in Need
The school raised a healthy £70.19!!!
We discussed how successful the day was, especially the games and biscuit selling.
School Council were really pleased with how much money was raised, especially as we were very restricted this year due to the COVID pandemic.
The wider community and Venn elderly residents
We would like to send the residents of Venn house something to let them know that we are thinking of them during the pandemic. Its been very hard for elderly people in particular as they have had to self isolate. We talked about how lonely it must be for them and how much they must miss seeing family.
We have decided to write poems and draw some pictures to cheer them up.
Scarlett, Alana and Kelly have agreed to write a poem.
Frankie, Isaac and Alex have agreed to create some art work.
Thank you everyone for volunteering. It will make such a difference to those people.
Christmas Jumper Day
Our charity for this event will be 'Save the Children' and it will take place on Friday December 11th.
We talked about how it would be better to pay online this year, so that there is less handling of money. The down side to this is that it is a minimum of £2 for 'Just giving'. We decided to let parents have the option to bring money in so that it could just be a donation or to give online.
We talked about how some people may not want to buy a Christmas jumper so School Council will make posters around the school with useful tips on how to decorate an plain jumper.
We decided on a slogan- Make the world better with a sweater.
Ideas so far for the day:
- Pin the star on the tree.
- Christmas Karaoke- 50p to enter in groups, pairs or on your own. Best song/ singer prize.
- Sponsored star jump or silence
- Best Christmas card competition- 10p to enter
School Council are also very keen to sing carols at home time on the day. They would like to have a bucket for parents to throw donations/ coins into outside the entrance, whilst the children sing inside the entrance so that we can remain socially distanced. Mrs Mammatt said that she would talk to Mrs Sterry about this.
Minutes from Meeting 19th October 2020
Alex Alana Scarlett Kelly Isaac and Mrs Mammatt
Remembrance Sunday and Poppies:
We discussed who would sell the poppies during break times and created a rota.
Poppies will be on sale the week prior to Remembrance Sunday.
Children in Need- Friday 13th November
We decided that the theme for this years Mufti would be Yellow or Spotty or both.
Children would donate a £1 for this to raise money.
Activities throughout the day will be:
- Pin the Bandana on Pudsey in each class during class time.
- Guess the pieces of Lego on Kelly's Pudsey for 10p a go. This will happen during break or lunch for a prize kindly donated by Alana.
- Selling bear biscuits for 30p during breaktime.
The children decided that it would be good to wear gloves when collecting money.
All children in School Council will take part in the preparation of resources prior to the day including a letter to parents and children. We are all really looking forward to it! Photos of the day to follow.....
Minutes from our first meeting Monday 28th September
Present: Mrs Mammatt, Alana, Kelly, Scarlett, Frankie, Alex, Isaac and Jasmine
1. Welcome and badges
Mrs Mammatt congratulated us on becoming members and awarded us our School Council badges.
We then had our photo taken for the website and notice board.
2. Values and Vision
We talked about what we stand for as a school council and what we would like to achieve this year in terms of how we make Lamerton School even better. Everyone put forward their ideas and after lots of discussion we decided on these shared values.
Values and Vision
- We will help to make a great school even better.
- We are here to listen to pupils in school so that everyone has a voice.
- We will raise awareness about local and global issues.
- We will raise money for charities and people in need.
- We will promote positive thinking and encourage everyone to look after their mental health through posters, leaflets and videos.
We then began to discuss how we would set out to do this but unfortunately ran out of time! We have kept a note of all our ideas.
Our next meetings agenda will include amongst other topics:
- Our 'Goals and Ambitions'
- Assigned roles for each member.
- Diary check and a looking ahead to events happening throughout the school year..... exciting!