We are looking for a Senior Administrator who is an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organised person who would enjoy working in a school office environment.
The Main Responsibilities, Tasks and Duties are to:
- Have overall responsibility for the finance system, maintain all accounts and provide reports and advise on improvements. Knowledge of Sims and FMS would be an advantage. Tasks will include ordering and invoicing, reconciling school income/expenditure with the county council records, dealing with petty cash claims and balancing the account, producing finance reports for approval by the school governors, creating the new financial year and finalising the old financial year.
• Assist the Headteacher in monitoring school budgets and accounts throughout the year.
• Ensure income\expenditure is correctly recorded and that all budget records are maintained and up to date.
• Oversee the receipting and banking of all monies – via cash, cheque or online payment, (Parentmail).
• Issuing contracts of employment, completing employment checks and keeping personnel files up to date. Administering contracts of employment, supply and overtime claims and absences using the schools payroll system, iTrent. Completing the annual school workforce census.
• To assist the Headteacher with monitoring the effectiveness of services provided. e.g. buildings, grounds, premises, energy, catering supplies and services.
• Keep inventories of equipment and arrange, in liaison with the Headteacher, the maintenance and/ or replacement of equipment, furniture and fittings.
• Be able to build positive relationships with children, staff and parents in a small school environment.
We will ensure:
• A strong commitment to professional development.
• Opportunity to work in a friendly dedicated team and support links with other local schools.
• Training programme for specific requirements of the role
Visits to the school are not possible at the moment due COVID-19 restrictions. However, the Headteacher is happy to arrange a phone call to discuss the school and the position by appointment. Please download an application pack using the links below. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a phone call with the Head Teacher.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Closing date : Friday 11th September.Interviews: Monday 21st September.